Council approved entering into an agreement with the Cariboo Regional District (CRD) for Relief Building Services to cover city staff while away. Also approved were amendments to an existing Building Inspection Agreement to provide Building Inspection Services to the CRD.
• Council approved entering into an encroachment agreement with the Fraser Village Homes Society to permit the construction of a vestibule that will extend partially into City-owned property. This addition will provide greater accessibility for residents of the facility living above ground floor residences.
• Council approved the use of fireworks for the Winter Carnival on Feb. 7 at the West Fraser Timber Park. The festivities begin at noon with fireworks at approximately 5 p.m.
• Council granted a 90-day extension to the owner of property at 730 Oval Road in order to accommodate the completion of the project.
• Council received a response from Minister Thomson regarding the future of Cottonwood House. The request for Expressions of Interest closed on Oct. 17 and Council has asked staff to provide an update at their regular meeting on Jan. 12. Expressions of Interest were sought from agencies, societies and businesses for the future use of the Cottonwood Lands.
• Council gave the first three readings to Council Procedure Bylaw No. 1750 of 2015. The changes to this bylaw are highlighted on our website at www.quesnel.ca/CouncilNews.html.
• Council appointed Lori McKee, Brandee Schutz and Poonam Miglani to the Quesnel Museum and Heritage Commission for a two-year term commencing Jan. 1.
• With Council’s approval, the Quesnel Museum and Heritage Commission will apply to the Building Communities through Arts and Heritage – Legacy Fund to restore the waterwheel.
• South Hills and Area Neighbourhood Association submitted their request for capital projects in their area which include park development, repair of Westland and Britton Roads, ditching on Enemark and Brears Roads, and t-line/dual water lines removal. Council referred their request to the Financial Sustainability and Audit Committee for inclusion in budget discussions.