British Columbians are invited to come and talk about how poverty can be reduced in the province. Ideas shared at the in-person community meetings will help inform the Poverty Reduction Strategy. The community meetings will run from the end of November to the end of May, and will be held throughout the province.
While some times and locations are still being finalized, the confirmed dates for 2018 are:
Williams Lake on Feb. 2; Quesnel on Feb. 3; and Prince George on Feb. 7
• Information can be found online as details become available: at https://engage.gov.bc.ca/bcpovertyreduction/
• A toolkit is being developed for people who want to host their own meetings and will be available on the website in a short time.
People can provide feedback:
• Send input online: https://engage.gov.bc.ca/bcpovertyreduction/
• Send an email: BCPovertyReduction@gov.bc.ca
• Call and leave a voice mail message: 1-800-663-7867 (elsewhere in B.C.)