The Cariboo Regional District at the Emergency Operations Centre has issued an evacuation alert on the evening of Friday, July 3 for three properties on Garvin Road, 30km southeast of the City of Quesnel, due to “potential danger to life and health.”
Individuals within the alert area are asked to prepare in the event that an evacuation is required and take precautions to help prevent damage to their home, property and their personal safety including:
- Upon notification of an ALERT, you should be prepared for an evacuation order:
- Have a plan to transport all family members or co-workers (while practicing physical distancing if possible) outside of the area, should the area be brought under evacuation order.
- Keep essential items readily available for a quick departure; including medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependents and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc).
- Ensure that any dependents or pets are prepared for departure.
- Move pets and livestock to a safe area.
- Ensure that you have accommodation options for your family, if possible. A Reception Centre will be made available if required.
- In the event you are evacuated, do not shut off your natural gas.
- Monitor reliable news sources for information on evacuation orders and locations of Reception Centres and the CRD’s channels on Facebook and cariboord.ca.
- If you are on an evacuation ALERT or ORDER, or if you have been displaced from you home due to an emergency, Please self-register with Emergency Support Services at https://ess.gov.bc.ca Self-Registration will reduce wait times for evacuees and assist in the referral process.
The release states that CRD states that further information will be issued as it becomes available and up to date information can be found by visiting the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page at www.facebook.com/CRDEmergencyOperations as well as the CRD website at cariboord.ca/EOC.
To report flooding or landslides please contact the CRD’s emergency information line at 1-866-759-4977.
The CRD asks that register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders: member.everbridge.net/index/453003085612292#/signup.