The Cariboo Regional District has lifted six evacuation alerts for five properties in the Fern Road and Maple Drive area of Quesnel.
The Fern Road and Maple Drive area Alert was issued on Friday, May 8.
The CRD said an evacuation alert or order may need to be reissued, however, if that is deemed necessary the process will recommence.
Residents returning home are encouraged to consider that there is still high water and flooding in the area, to use caution and remain prepared:
• Have a plan to transport all family members or co-workers outside the area (while practicing physical distancing if possible), should the area be brought under evacuation order
• Prepare personal emergency supply kits for your home, car and work (plan for at least a three-day supply of food and water for each family member)
• Have a grab-and-go kit ready in case you need to leave your home quickly
• Keep important papers in watertight containers and have a record of your valuables in a safe place
• If flooding is likely in your area, pay attention to local media information
• Watch for warning signs: increase in height and intensity of water flows, mudslides, debris in creeks, colour changes in water or leaning trees
• Know that banks of rivers and streams may be unstable and dangerous
• Keep a safe distance away from fast, flowing water, especially children
• Teach your children about flood safety
• Consider arrangements for pets and any livestock prior to an alert being issued
If you have any concerns about flooding in your area or need sand or sandbags contact the CRD’s Emergency Operations Centre.
It is the homeowner’s responsibility to undertake temporary and permanent flood protection works to protect their home and property.
Residents are encourage to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or e-mail regarding evacuation alerts and orders.