Team Montgomery has snatched the last slot for the 2019 B.C. Men’s Curling Championship with a strong performance over the weekend (Jan. 11-13) at Lillooet Curling Club.
The squad came out on top of a seven-team playdown for the chance to secure the final berth.
It came down to the wire for Jason Montgomery, Cameron de Jong, Miles Craig and Will Duggan, who required an extra end to best Vernon’s Team Longworth by a final tally of 9-6.
The complete list of teams that have qualified for the 2019 BC Men’s Curling Championship is as follows:
– Team Geall (Defending champion)
– Team Cotter (CTRS)
– Team Barry (BC Curling Tour)
– Team Tardi (BC Curling Tour)
– Team Horning (Kootenays playdown)
– Team Wenzek (Lower Mainland playdown)
– Team Joanisse (Lower Mainland playdown)
– Team Kymchuk (Lower Mainland playdown)
– Team Eden (Okanagan playdown)
– Team Blandford (Island playdown)
– Team Waffle (Northern playdown)
– Team Montgomery (Open playdown)
The 2019 BC Men’s and Women’s Curling Championships will take place from Jan. 29 to Feb. 3 at the West Fraser Centre in Quesnel.
Tickets are still available for the event.